Friday, November 9, 2012

Teaser inside :)

I recently read a blog post from a fellow author ( http://authorthomasamo.blogspot.com/2012/11/wendy-let-me-explain-something-to-you.html?m=1 ) and it made me think of a conversation I recently had with my husband. Now, my husband is not a writer, or even a reader. He will read the newspaper and that’s about it. Very rarely will he pick up a book and read it. He just doesn’t see the joy or purpose. He’s very encouraging to anyone who wants to write, the kids or myself included, and he doesn’t discourage reading either. When the kids whine and complain about being bored, he tells them ‘clean your room or read a book, Mom (stepmom) has plenty of them!’ So it really irritated me when he said something to me the one day. He asked what I was doing, I responded, ‘I’m going to my desk to write.’ He gave me this look and said ‘Didn’t you do that last night?’ This irritated me. I told him he works for days in a row and this is kind of the same thing. You can’t always set yourself a strict schedule of ‘well I’ll only work when the spouse is at work,’ sometimes it just doesn’t work.
There really is only one point that I have, I have my ‘Jack’ moments along with my everyday ‘Rachel’ moments (ie: putting iced tea in my coffee thinking it was creamer, forgetting where I put my cell phone only to have it in my pocket, forgetting that the baby gate is mid-thigh-high and falling on my face).
I haven’t made a post regarding True Connection for a few days. I apologize for that. While I was editing, I came across a boo-boo, fixed it, noticed it again and fixed it again. After correcting this simple error, I decided to go back to the previous chapter. It was there. What started as a simple error suddenly escalated to a major error that I couldn’t believe I made. It was throughout the whole novel, minus the first 4 chapters. Now I know I’m not perfect, but it was something I felt was obvious. It’s corrected now, and I have moved on in editing. So that part is progressing. I have one beta reader lined up, but I would like another, so if you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know.
On that note, I will leave you with a teaser. I hope you enjoy it!
“Come on, please, let’s go talk on the boat. You need to know the truth, before I can let you leave, or take you home. Please, I think this is a good thing, a really good thing, and I hope you see it that way too.” He looks at me so sweetly.
“Fine, but you do realize I can swim. So it’s not like you can trap me out on the water.” Maybe I’m just blinded by his gorgeousness or I really am crazy. I’ll bet on crazy since I just agreed to this.
“I know.”
That saying of ‘curiosity killed the cat’ is thrumming through my brain as we climb onto the boat.
I’d also like to give you a song that I played repeated for a good portion of this book while I was writing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJhiLymsxIY
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile