Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesday!!

Welcome!


Today’s teaser comes from my new WIP. I introduced it a few weeks ago on the Wordpress blog. I’ll just copy and paste it here. Lucky you, if you missed the first post, you can have a double teaser :)


First the introduction:

18 and up! Mature Content!!! (Urban Fantasy)

Lares; Complicated

The Spirit Guardian Trilogy

Blurb:


Life for Ronnie would be absolutely perfect, if it weren’t for one or ten things. There are assignments from the Gods, her sexy mind-reading messenger, her half-Vampire partner, a slippery Necromancer, and whatever the hell happened to throw the sexy Demon Hunting Angel and equally stunning Shifter into her territory. If it weren’t for her best friend Zane, a descendant of Neptune’s, and her drunken Bwbach Fairy, she feels she might go insane. Being the Compitillicii for her territory, there’s a level of responsibility, tact and a daily laundry list added to her already hectic life.
Ronnie and her friends must ban together to protect her territory from all hell breaking loose. After laying her pride aside, Ronnie finds that accepting help is great. Until relationships start changing, assignments get screwy, and she’s forced to do the forbidden.

Exert:

“Damn you Tipper! I had to deal with Marilynn again tonight!” I shout into the now silent house. I toss my keys on the stand, drop my purse on the floor and peel off my boots.
 “Drunken Fairies,” I grumble while making my way through debris and garbage to get to the kitchen. It looks like a garbage truck barfed in here.
“Drunken little bugger, you’ll get your fucking whiskey!” I shout. He hates when I yell at him. I hardly ever see him, he likes to be alone. But man, oh man, he’s worse than a pregnant chick without her ice cream when he doesn’t get his whiskey on time. I pop open the bottle, push some garbage off the table and go in search of a clean, unbroken glass.
“I really wish this mess would be cleaned up before I get home from work tomorrow.” I say a silent prayer that Tipper has smelt the whiskey and in ear shot.
I’ve dealt with a womanizing, asshole boss for eight hours, then worked the territory for three hours, trained with my partner, Willa and then had to deal with that damn Necromancer again. Will she ever get the hint? This is my territory. No, I will not allow you to raise the dead to kill my people! Duh! She is truly the definition of dumb blonde for as many times as I have to deal with her. I just wish she never found out about my ties. I’m not allowed to leave the perimeter of my territory. I could gut whoever told her that tid-bit of information.

This week’s teaser:

“All right, so who is on the agenda for today?” I ask.
He slides the wax sealed parchment across the table. You’d think that them being Gods, they would’ve, oh I don’t know, bought notebooks, or invested in the freaking internet. Although, then I’d miss seeing my hottie of a messenger. Who cares he’s older than me, by a thousand years, he’s gorgeous.
“You know I can hear you, right?” he chuckles.
Narrowing my eyes I begin flashing him a dark and dirty bedroom act with yours truly as punishment for reading my thoughts, again. He blushes 10 shades of red and clears his throat a few times.
“I tell you all the time, I can’t help what I think when I like what I see.” I smirk as I rip the wax seal off.
“It is forbidden,” he starts.
“For it to happen yes, but no one said I couldn’t think about it, dream about, or picture it.” I add a precious little public bathroom rendezvous, all up on the walls kind of encounter. “I’ve told you before, ignore what goes on up here,” I say and tap my temple, “focus on what comes out of my mouth.” It’s like telling a teenage, or almost any male, my eyes are up here. My eyes are brown, and when I’m cold they definitely do not poke my eyelids. He chuckles some more and scrubs his hands over his face.




I hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s teaser! Come back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile