Sunday, March 3, 2013

Never Forget Blog Stop!!


NEVER FORGET

By Emma Hart

 

 

If you’ve read any of my other blog posts, you probably already know who Emma Hart is to me. If not, I’ll say it again. She’s my Critique Partner. She’s much more than that though. We have blurred the lines of being crit partners and friends. She’s so much fun to talk to and to work with.

We have an interesting system of doing things. One thing we do when one of us gets an idea for a new book or one we’re currently writing is, we talk it out. It’s usually something like this…

Psst…I have a new idea!

Spill…

Well, it’ll be like this  _______ :)

Ooooo….more please?

When Emma started writing Never Forget, I cannot tell you how many times I said “MORE PLEASE.”

We actually formed our partnership in the early stages of Never Forget.

Never Forget is special to me for several reasons, not just because it’s AMAZING, but because we basically teased each other to death with Never Forget and one of my Work In Progresses.

There are so many things I could say about Never Forget, but I’m only going to talk about one aspect.

And I have something special a little later on…

Never Forget is about finding love and holding on to it. But it’s so much more than that. It’s learning to trust, having fun, letting go, loving your family, and so much more.

The main character, Lexy, has an older brother.

Bing.

Brothers and sisters are special. And I love mine, so I jumped all over this ;)

I love the relationship Lexy and Bing have. They’re not super close or best friends, nothing like the relationship I’m used to. They have the relationship I’ve always thought of brothers and sisters having. They don’t really “get on” with each other all the time and tease each other… But they love each other and HAVE EACH OTHERS BACK.

Bing is a protective brother and, I love that!

I, like Lexy, do not like how Bing lets his boxers hang out, that drives me nuts and makes me want to buy the guy some suspenders or something.

But that aside, he’s a pretty awesome guy. Funny, slightly annoying (like brothers can be) and he watches out for his sister. (No, I did not forget his man-whoring, I'm just choosing not to mention it.)

The brother/sister bond is different for everyone who experiences it, but it's a bond that is important for those who have it.

So, the something special I mentioned… I got to talk with BING!!! AHH!!!

So excited :)

 
Here we go…
So, Bing, for those who don’t know, what is your given name?
Samuel Edwards. Not exactly the coolest.
*Smiles*
Can you tell me the whole story behind “Bing”?
*laughs into hand* I, er… I guess you could say I’m pretty popular with the opposite sex. In honour of my ‘conquests’, my mates decided I should have a nickname. Bing kinda stuck.
I mean, we could have gone with ‘Bang’ or ‘Hammer’ but they just didn’t sound right.
*giggles* Hammer! *coughs* Moving on…
You’re admittedly a ladies man… Do you have a ‘type’?
According to my sister, my ‘type’ is anyone that has a half decent pair of boobs and a hole between their legs. She’s not far wrong – but I am a little pickier than that. I guess you could say my actual ‘type’ is blonde…
Onto a more serious question.
Serious? Really? That was fun ;)
Okay, okay. I’m being told to behave.
What was your first thought about Alec working for Grammy?
I knew what Grammy was up to. Look up ‘schemer’ in the dictionary and her name will be the definition. Of course, she did actually need the help – but she didn’t need to hire Lilac Bay’s version of me now, did she?
And how did you keep your cool watching your baby sister practically drool over Lilac Bay’s version of yourself?
I didn’t. I just didn’t freak around Lex. I wanted to break Alec’s damn legs the first time I saw them getting cosy. I encouraged her, I know, but she’s still my baby sis. And I’d still break his damn legs now if he hurt her. He’s been warned.
You’re obviously the overprotective brother, love it by the way…
Chilled but overprotective. That’s more accurate.
*smiles*
What can you tell me about your thoughts/actions at the beach party…the fight?
Let’s not talk about that night. We’ll just say it’s lucky that Carl was there to pull me off that prick.
Soo… *smiles* I saw that Grammy played a bit of a prank on you, involving some of “your” undergarments… Was that the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to you?
Yes. The sad thing is the pink ones are actually mine. Yes, I still have them.
Love the pink boxers *giggles*
Can you tell us a story of you and Lexy as kids? What sort of trouble did you get into?
Not so much Lexy. She was always good. But I did watch The Flintstones movie once when I was like six, and a stripper jumped from the cake, right? Well it was Mum’s birthday and I thought I’d surprise her and jump from the cake. Yeah. That didn’t go down so well.
*pauses to catch breath and stop laughing*
Fun question!
You’re stranded in the mountains, freezing cold temps, with only the clothes on your body right now. What are you wearing?
Because of the time difference I’m actually in bed right now, so this is kinda awkward. I’m naked.
*laughs* I’m sure someone will like that answer…
What would your idea of a perfect (not X-Rated) date or day with a lady be?
Shit. Um… Can I get back to you on that?
I’ll hold you to it, yes.
Fine, last question and it’s totally unrelated.
If you were a superhero, what would your super power be and would you wear a cape?
Of course I’d wear a cape… And I’d have invisibility for spying on girls when they got changed.
Thank you so much Bing! *blows kisses*
 
A city girl.
A small town boy.
A summer they'll never forget.

Spending the summer at her Grammy's in Lilac Bay, Devon, is city girl Alexis 'Lexy' Edwards' idea of hell. That is, until she reconnects with her childhood friend, Jen, and meets Alec Johnson.
Alec is the kind of guy Lexy knows she needs to stay away from. He's the village flirt, ridiculously hot and very dangerous to her self control. But there's a problem – she can't seem to keep him out, even though she knows he'll break her heart.
As Alec slowly strips away Lexy's defences and the two embark on a summer romance she never wanted, their feelings grow to more than either expected. But nothing lasts forever, and reality intrudes.
As her world is shaken to it's core, Lexy's self made prediction comes true when she discovers she's spent six weeks surrounded by secrets. Kept out by her family and the only guy she's ever trusted, she falls apart.
And when Grammy tells her that 'you might not end up where you wanted to be, but you'll always end up where you're meant to be,' she has to figure out if her meant to be is back home in London, or if it's been in Devon the whole time.
 
If you haven’t already, go get yourself a copy of Never Forget. You won’t regret it!
 
Purchase Never Forget on Amazon here
 
Here's a bit about the talented author!
 
 
 
 
By day, Emma Hart dons a cape and calls herself Super Mum to a terrible two year old. By night, she drops the cape, pours a glass of wine and writes books.
She likes to write about magic, kisses and whatever else she can fit into the story. Sarcastic, witty characters are a must. As are hot guys. She has two new series planned as well as her New Adult Romance, Never Forget, due February 2013. She likes to be busy - unless busy involves doing the dishes. Her debut YA series, The Mauve Legacy, is an Apple iBooks Bestseller - and this makes Emma excited.
 
BE A STALKER!
 
Blog (She has an AWESOME giveaway going on! Go check it out! And the wonderful playlist!)
 
 
There you have it! Be sure to check in tomorrow with Jessica Watterson to continue on with the Never Forget tour!
Thanks for stopping! <3
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile