Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Feria by Julia Bade




Opening in 1941, THE FERIA is a stunning tale of two countries, where we find Soledad, a smart, educated young Mexican-American with big plans. She and her family, however, begin facing the economic pressures inflicted by a nation readying for war. To ensure her family's survival and continued success, her father betrays her in an act meant to save her family’s agricultural fortune.

Brutally torn from her true love, Xavier, Soledad’s carefully concealed secrets begin to collapse. The challenge of putting everything back together and resisting the desire and love she has for Xavier presents itself in a daring love story dancing on both sides of the border, intricately written around Mexican and American cultures and the great uncertainty that comes with love.





My Review: Wow. That’s the only word ringing in my head after finishing The Feria. I love the connection, the love, the trust that Soledad and Xavier had. They had that “once in a lifetime” love, the kind of love every girl dreams of. Their other half.

I actually read this in several sittings. Because I knew they would be ripped apart, it’s said in the description. I didn’t want to see that. I loved them together, and them apart would have been wrong. But I couldn’t stand not knowing. So I took the plunge and finished the book. And those two apart was something wrong indeed.

I enjoyed every minute. I love that the story was set in a different era, and a different culture. It’s one of my favorite things about this story.

Another thing I loved was the continued growth between Soledad and Xavier. They didn’t let the past stop their future. It’s never too late to be with the one you love, the one who makes you happy, your “other half.”

Love is the answer.

 

 

“I hope that I have inspired anyone out there to believe that it’s never, ever, too late to pursue your dreams. And no matter what point in time you achieve them, it’s worth it.” – Soledad, The Feria.

Buy The Feria Here
Stalk Julia -
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads
Blog
Go check her out, she's pretty awesome! :) <3

1 comment:

Comments Make Me Smile