Sunday, July 7, 2013

Blog Tour Stop for - Shades of the Stars by David James


I had the pleasure of speaking with sir David James himself.... I'm feeling generous so I'll share...
And... there's a small interview from a teen including as well. She's 14, and has been a bigger fan girl than me since Light of the Moon came out ;)

Here's the info about the book!

Description
Shades of the Stars: A Legend of the Dreamer anthology. Shades of the Stars includes the novellas The Witch's Curse, The Warrior's Code, and an exclusive story called The Enchanter's Fire. Exclusive playlists. Essays on the world of the Order. Interviews. Deleted scenes from Light of the Moon. And an exclusive look at the sequel, Shadow of the Sun.



It's such a beautiful cover! I can't get over it!
You should go purchase this.. Just sayin. Here

Meet David...
David James writes books about stars and kisses and curses. He is the author of the YA novel, LIGHT OF THE MOON, the first book in the Legend of the Dreamer duet, as well as the companion novellas, THE WITCH'S CURSE and THE WARRIOR’S CODE. A Legend of the Dreamer anthology, SHADES OF THE STARS, will be released in July 2013, and will include the exclusive novella, THE ENCHANTER'S FIRE. The final book in the duet, SHADOW OF THE SUN, will be released in late 2013. Living in Michigan, he is addicted to coffee, gummy things, and sarcastic comments. He enjoys bad movies, goofy moments, and shivery nights. Be sure to visit David’s blog and facebook to learn more about his various addictions and novels.

Find him at these places -
Blog  - I love his posts. Informative and inspiring!
Facebook  - He's sometimes sneaky about slipping in giveaways... watch this one!
Twitter - just tweet him.. don't be shy.


Okay... FUN STUFF!

My interview with the boss man!


Hi David, I’m so excited to have you here today!
As you know, I am a huge fan girl of yours, who is someone that you fan boy about?
            I fan boy over Maggie Stiefvater all the time. Like, SWOON fan boy. I really love her writing and her stories.

What is the absolute first thing you do the very minute an idea comes to you? Are you smooth and calm or is more like running around like a chicken with its head cut off? (I’ll admit I’m more of the chicken and screaming…)
            When an idea first comes to me, I usually write it down. I have about 50 Post-its all over my desk, most of which I can’t read. I’ve learned that I forget things too easily if I don’t write anything down. And, of course, if the idea is really good I may run around a bit.

What song are you obsessed with right now?
            I still really love “Demons” by Imagine Dragons. I’ve listened to it countless times and I still can’t get enough of it!

I saw on Twitter that you write the end first. Do you write the rest out of order too, or just end first?
            I DO write the end first! I usually have a general outline that I work from, but it’s not traditional by any means. I like writing the end first so I know where I’m going, and if I happen to take a few detours along the way I still know the final destination.

Do you have a special routine for outlining, plotting, writing, or editing?
            Outline. Write. Edit. Edit. Edit. Edit. Edit. I edit the most, and when I do a lot of things change. Most often, the general story stays the same, but I rewrite a lot.

Do you have plans for book signings outside of Michigan?
            I hope so! I’d love to travel more and see the world, and I also have really amazing readers all over that I hope to see one day soon!

If your characters take you to a place outside of your comfort zone, what do you do to keep some sense of normalcy outside of your head?
            My comfort zone is massive, so I’m not sure my characters would do anything that I wouldn’t like. They do surprise me sometimes, though. The biggest thing I have to remember is that my comfort zone might be larger than readers, so I often have to wonder what a reader would think of a scene. Sometimes I have to tone things down a bit.

Do you have a favorite scene from each of your books? If so, can you tell me?
            I love the scene in Light of the Moon when Calum and Kate are flying. To me, it was a very raw and real scene to write because both of them are completely open. Those are my favorite scenes, the ones that are as gritty as they are romantic.
 (That scene is one of my most favorite scenes! Like, I can still imagine the words, the feeling, and see the image in my head! LOVE IT!)

Least favorite time of day? (Mine is anytime before coffee, just sayin…)
            Me too! Anytime before coffee! But I would have to say a little after noon I tend to get unmotivated. My good times are in the morning and at night.

If you could go on a writer’s retreat, or just a solo writing vacation, where in the world would you go?
            I would love to travel, but I think a writing retreat (for me) would be best had in some quiet place near a lake or in the woods. I couldn’t write if things were too loud, and I wouldn’t want to write in a city with too much to do.

If you could have any supernatural power what would it be?
            I would love to control an element. Or fly. Flying would be cool.

When a book makes you cry, you ______.
            Read it again.

My last question, if you could have coffee or lunch with ONE character, from any book, who would it be and what would you ask them?
            Probably Hermione Granger. She’s just so smart and brave. I want to pick her brain and ask about magic!

And I hope you don’t mind, but a child was attached to my side as I did this and she wanted to interview you as well.
These next questions are from a fan of yours, my 14 year old. Remember, she gave you 10 stars for Light of the Moon…and crammed the book in everyone’s faces ;)
David this is Asia, Asia this is David.
Enjoy!
  1. What is your favorite color?
Hi, Asia! Thanks for these interview questions! My favorite color would have to be blue. Or green. Or both. Can I have two favorite colors?

  1. What is your favorite animal?
I’m a dog guy.

  1. How did you get the idea for Calum?
Calum is character that came to me because of emotional struggles. Not mine, exactly, but everyone’s. I wanted to show a character that had his heart of his sleeve, because you don’t see that often in the guys of literature.

  1. Will your books be made into a movie?
Wouldn’t that be cool! I would love Light of the Moon to be made into a movie. As of now, there are no movies plans. Cross your fingers!

  1. How did you come up with names for your characters?
I Googled a lot. Mostly, the characters just kind of popped into my mind. For Kate, I wanted her to have a name that sounded fierce and noble. For Calum, I wanted his name to reflect his quiet nature and thoughtfulness. I wanted Tyler to be everyone’s best friend. And I wanted Magdaline, the witch, to be as wild as her name.

  1. Do you have plans for another book, like in a different series?
I do! I can’t tell anyone anything about the new series right now – I’m still working on it and the details are a little fuzzy. I will say that it’s still in the paranormal/fantasy category. I also have a contemporary story I’m working on.

  1. What’s your favorite time of year?
Fall. Autumn. I love the leaves and the change and the cool weather.

  1. What new books are you looking forward to reading?
I’m really excited to read the new books from Holly Black and Maggie Stiefvater coming this fall. I’m also excited to read The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling, which I have but have not started yet.

Message from Asia: I love Light of the Moon and can’t wait for Shadow of the Sun! Write more books!

            THANKS ASIA! YOU ARE MY FAVORITE!


You can check out the other stops today!!
Don't miss tomorrow's posts either!!!


David! Have a FABULOUS DAY!!!! <3

1 comment:

Comments Make Me Smile