Monday, December 9, 2013

Book Signing & Updates!

This past Saturday was my first book signing. Ever.
I was a nervous wreck leading up to the event. I would be meeting an editor that I've never met before, PLUS, meeting wonderful locals who've possibly heard of me, possibly not.
Well, the editor never showed, so it was just me signing my books. I brought a friend, titled her as my assistant and set up shop. It wasn't anything huge, I did not break the bank with deposits or anything. It was however still special!
I met a local author who was dropping off a poster for his signing. He was very nice and informative, I even gave him my cover designer's info. Because, let's face it, Regina Wamba at Mae I Design is flippin' awesome.
Anyway, it was a very relaxed environment. The store is fabulous, love it there.
I did make one mistake.
Lie.
Two.
First, I brought kisses, because, chocolate and books go together. They do. I'm not the only one who thinks this either. But...they were there. Right. In. Front. Of. Me.
And wouldn't you know it, I ate a handful. My teeth and head were screaming at by the time I was packing up to leave. LOL.
Second mistake, I misspelled my own name on the first book I signed. MY OWN NAME. IT'S ON THE BOOK. MORE THAN ONCE. AND it was right above where I was signing. And I misspelled it.
Luckily for me, it was my sister's friend and she forgave me. I still feel terrible for that.
Aside from that, it was a blast and I'll be doing it again for sure!

Now, onto some updates. I know I haven't updated much or even posted many teasers. For that, I apologize, Things have been a bit crazy lately. Trying to get ready for the signing, kid's birthday, traveling, and CHRISTMAS. Ugh. I'm so not ready. Don't remind me of the date, I know. lol
Book 2, Soul Promise. It's...being a tricky booger. But things are starting to come together and it's progressing, thankfully. I've rewritten the back cover blurb for the tenth time, but this version will likely be the version you see in a few months.
Early 2014 you'll be seeing 2 things. Cover reveal for Soul Promise AND cover REREVEAL for A Message of Flowers, plus PAPERBACK VERSION WILL BE LIVE!

I know I should schedule myself out for the year, but I can't bring myself to do that. If I had done that for this year, you guys wouldn't have A Message of Flowers. I don't know if I would've had anything ready before the end of the year. That story came to me and completely took over everything.
But officially, the order of what's to come is:
Soul Promise (The Soul Mate Series) #2
Pucked

I don't have a date for either release. But you guys will know as soon as I know :)

Hope everyone is staying warm (if it's cold) and staying cool (if it's warm). Be safe with your travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile