Monday, October 5, 2015

Best Stairs EVER

Boring steps...let me introduce you to some paint.

A while ago, when I still had a personal facebook and stuff, someone shared a photo of a staircase that someone painted. But in a super cool way. THEY HAD A BOOK TITLE ON EACH BACK STEP! OMG! They were perfect!

I NEEDED THOSE STEPS

So, after months of discussions and planning....my sister is painting my steps.

BOOKSTEPS

I'm so freaking excited it's ridiculous.

She's only painted six steps so far, but it's coming along nicely.


There's going to be some touch ups before the final gloss goes on. And certain letters will get fixed. 

These steps get used every day. The bedrooms are upstairs, so it's really hard to keep these beauties perfect until completion. Especially with a six year old.

I'll post more photos as the steps get finished.

The books chosen are only a few of the books that mean something incredible to me. They're some of my favorites, for various reasons, and they aren't going to be all classics or all traditional published, or all indie books. If a book spoke to me on a deep level, they were considered for this project. 

My sister is awesome for doing this and putting up with me. I never would've done this myself, because I'm too hard on myself and no longer have a steady hand.

But, I'm so happy that something is finally going right in our home renovations! We've had some really REALLY bad luck...but that's a story for another day!

Have a great Monday bookworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile