Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Introducing: Nicole Banks

Welcome to the Halloween week edition of Introductions! (Two authors this week! WOO!)

Up first is Nicole Banks. I met her on Instagram. (See, it is possible to meet cool people on social media without starting a zombie apocalypse or an inappropriate photo attack! LOL)


1)  With Halloween right around the corner, share your favorite Halloween memory.
When I was little the neighborhood I lived in use to be insane during the holidays. Everyone always decorated and they always had the best candy. One Halloween it was so foggy barely any kids came out. Me and my mom went out and every door we hit they just handed us all their candy. No kids were coming and they didn’t want to hold on to the candy so I lucked out that year. (Best Halloween for candy ever!) I have to put this memory down too. When I was younger we went to this one house and a guy dressed as a wolf was on sitting on the porch. But he was so still I couldn’t tell if he was real or not. When I got close enough he jumped up and scared the crap out of my mom and myself. I hit him with my candy bag. I was like six maybe. The guy gave me all the candy because I was the only kid who didn’t scream and run away. LOL!


2)  What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done for Halloween?
It’s sad. I haven’t done anything crazy. LOL! I have cool stories but nothing that’s out of this world “OMG THAT’S CRAZY.”


3)  What is the creepiest line you’ve ever read in literature?
I don’t read creepy stuff, not anymore. When I was younger I use to read Goosebumps and Scary Stories to tell in the dark. (Parts 1-3) But I’m an old fart now and can’t remember any lines from those stories.

I will say I had to write a creepy person in my second book and that was not a place I wanted to be in for long. I needed a shower after every time he decided he wanted to speak up.



4)  Share one of your favorite local Urban Legends. Have you ever visited the spooky area?
 I’m from New York. We have Sleepy Hallow and Amityville horror house. I’ve only ever been to sleepy hallow and it was in passing because I had to go to a wedding. LOL

5)  I am very sound oriented. I love voices. Tell me one of your favorite voices (singer or actor). Sticking with the Halloween theme, what has been the creepiest or scariest voice you’ve heard (singer or actor).
I think Idris Elba has a sexy voice. I love him.
Willem Dafoe. I find his voice and the characters he plays very creepy. (He’s the Villian from Spiderman lol).



6)  If you were to write a horror, what type of villain would you write?
I’m a sucker for a slasher villain. However, in lit? I think I’d write a villain that got inside peoples minds. One that never had to lift a finger to hurt you but made you hurt yourself.


7)  Top five books that have touched your heart and stayed there…
These books didn’t necessarily touch my heart but they are my favs. They’ve stayed with me always.
Blind Obsession- Ella Frank (This book destroyed me. I will not pick up another book by this author because my heart can not take the torment).
A Native Song- Richard Wright
1984- George Orwell
The Outsiders- S.E Hinton (This probably started my love for lit)
A Vampire Queen Servant- Joey W Hill (This series was one of my faves!)


8)  What is something you think the literary world needs more of?
Kick ass Heroines. No more meek females. We also need characters not afraid to grab the bull by the horns so to speak.


9)  I’m from Pennsylvania and have only been to New York once well over a decade ago. I want to see your favorite places to visit. What would be our first two stops?
Depends on what time of year you visit. In the summer time? The seaport or the piers or of course Coney Island.
During the Holidays? We’d just walk around the city. There’s something magical that takes over NYC during the holidays.


10)  Which authors have inspired you the most throughout your career?
J.R. Ward. She just has this ease about her when she writes her characters.


11)  When you have seemingly a thousand things you need to be doing…what can we find you actually doing?
Laying down and resting lmao. I am the master procrastinator.


12)  Have you ever read a book that made you say something along the lines of: I wish I could pitch a tent in this author’s brain and live there forever!
Yes. Jr ward anything she puts out, I read. I fan girl her so hard it’s horrible. Oh  and Ella Frank.


13)  If you were to help out at a local haunted house theme night, what would we find you dressing up as to scare everyone?
Something undead. But not a zombie. I refuse to be called a zombie lol. But I would have like my guts spilling out and my skin peeling. I would run around and chase everyone! LOL


Thank you so much Nicole! It was a pleasure getting to know more about you! :)


Here's so more about Nicole Banks:

My name is Nicole Banks. I was born Aug 4th (Hello my fellow Leo’s lol) I’ve lived in New York City all my life and I love it here. It’s not what it use to be but, it’s still pretty dope.
I love the warm weather and just being near the water. I think every problem can be solved with either yoga, tea or a quick nap. (Nothing is too big that those three things can’t solve)
I like animals way more then people, cats especially. I think they’re my kindred spirits.  If I could I would have a sanctuary built just for them. (I’m probably going to be that crazy lady with ten cats when I’m wrinkled and grey).
I can survive off of pizza and pasta and I’m a coffee addict. I have so much caffeine in my system I can’t have coffee after a certain time or I’ll be up half the night lol.
While I’m a writer, music is my first love. Books are a second love of mine. I believe music heals your soul in ways nothing else can. I use music as my muse to write. I believe every song is just a story waiting to be told outside of the five minute mark.
I published my first book Shattered in 2013 and it’s the first book in my Shattered Hearts Series. The second book Into Pieces was published on June 30th 2015. I’m currently working on the next installment in the series.

Contact her-

Instagram: @_nicolebanks_
Snapchat- queenzb87


Into Piece by Nicole Banks is on sale now until November 1st!

Barens and nobles: http://bit.ly/1JdygMp
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/1NNGTR4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile